Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
What is Applied Behavior Analysis?
A common treatment option for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), a scientific discipline focused on meaningful changes in behavior through the analysis, design, implementation, and evaluation of social and other environmental modifications.
ABA helps an individual in many ways:
- Increased skills such as communication, social interaction, and self-reliance skills
- Improved ability to focus on tasks with instruction
- Increased motivation to perform
- Decreased problem behaviors such as self injury or outbursts
We offer home-based 1:1 services to communities around our Honolulu and Kapolei locations, as well as center-based group and 1:1 services. Our ABA services can be provided at a clinic, in a participant’s home, school or in the community depending on the needs of the participant.
We use a formal assessment methodology to guide the development of a participant’s behavior program. This assessment occurs before treatment begins and is ongoing throughout the participant’s program to determine treatment effectiveness and whether the participant’s goals are being met.
Participants receive an individualized treatment plan developed by our Licensed Behavior Analyst. The treatment plan is based off the initial ABA assessment and ongoing re-assessments throughout the term of the plan. Data on a participant’s skill acquisition and behavior is recorded and analyzed regularly.
- 1:1 — Participants meet individually with a practitioner, either in one of our clinics, in their home or another location in the community.
- Group — Two or more participants meet with one or more behavior analysts to improve their cognitive and social skills.
Parent & Family Involvement
An important part of our ABA program is training parents, family members and caretakers on how to assist in the participant’s treatment plan during and after sessions.
What is the Goal of ABA?
The goal is to help someone with ASD work on skills that will help them become more independent and live a happy and fulfilling life.
Want to Learn More?
Please complete this form to receive information about our ABA program.