Without the constant support and generous participation of our corporate partners, we would be unable to provide people with intellectual or developmental disabilities the enriching programs that increase their quality of life. If your company is interested in workplace giving, event sponsorship, matching gifts, or other types of company participation, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Annual Giving Campaign (AGC)
Our Annual Giving Campaign is a fundraising effort led by Easterseals Hawaii stakeholders and volunteers to solicit vital financial support from our community. Unrestricted gifts to the AGC provide a critical stream of funding for areas of greatest need, such as staff training, program support, and essential operating expenses. These gifts enhance our organization’s flexibility to respond quickly to unforeseen needs and new opportunities, such as expanding services and supporting innovative programs.
To learn more, please contact our Development Department at [email protected].
As we continue to expand the scope of programs and services we offer, major gift donors make a significant impact on the organization and the lives of our participants.
Major Gifts to Easterseals Hawaii are any gifts above $25,000 given in one fiscal year or $125,000 or more provided over time (usually 3-5 years). Gifts are typically special project-focused, i.e., starting up a new program or service, purchasing specific equipment for a program, renovation of an existing site, or a capital campaign.
Major Gift Guidelines
Gifts of $25,000 or more made by an individual given in one fiscal year or $125,000 given over time qualify as Major Gifts and can be donated in the following ways:
- Restricted gifts of $100,000 or more (not a cumulative total of annual giving). Multi-year commitments are recognized at the total pledge amount in the year the pledge is made and then at the gift amount level in each subsequent year of payment.
- Gifts of tangible personal property, real property will be valued for donor recognition and credit at their appraised fair market value on the effective date of transfer.
- Gifts of securities, stock, bonds (including mutual funds) will be recognized at their fair market value as calculated by a qualified independent appraiser. Gift credit is given only upon liquidation of the stock.
- Irrevocable life income gifts: Credit will be given for all irrevocable life income or term gifts (e.g., charitable remainder trusts or gift annuities) made directly to Easterseals Hawaii, or documented irrevocable charitable remainder or term trusts managed by a third party. Donor recognition for charitable remainder trusts will be at full face value and gift credit for the present value of the remainder interest, generally equivalent to the amount recognized by the IRS for the charitable deduction.
- Charitable lead trusts: All income realized by Easterseals Hawaii from charitable lead trusts with duration of 5 years or less will be credited at full face value and donor recognition will be at full face value. Lead trusts extending beyond a five-year period, income will be credited to the donor at the present value.
- Life insurance policies: Gifts of existing life insurance policies will receive recognition at the full face value and gift credit at the cash surrender value provided by Easterseals Hawaii.
Easterseals Legacy Society
The Easterseals Legacy Society was established to recognize and thank friends who have designated a future gift to Easterseals Hawaii in their estate plans. Through such gifts, members of the Easterseals Legacy Society help perpetuate our mission in the community.
Whether large or small, planned gifts demonstrate belief in our mission. All known donors of planned gifts are included as members of the Easterseals Legacy Society. This includes donors of the following types of gifts:
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Life insurance
- Charitable gift annuities
- Legacy of Ability: Gifts of $1,000 to $4,999
- Legacy of Opportunity: Gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Legacy of Empowerment: Gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Legacy of Independence: Gifts of $25,000 and more
Gifts of $100,000 and more will be recognized at the appropriate Chairman’s Roundtable, Leadership Circle and Edgar Allen Founders Society levels, listed within the Easterseals Legacy Society.
When you make a planned gift or decide to remember Easterseals Hawaii in your will, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may formally recognize you in the Easterseals Legacy Society.