Without the constant support and generous participation of our corporate partners, we would be unable to provide people with special needs the enriching programs that increase their quality of life. If your company is interested in workplace giving, event sponsorship, matching gifts, or other types of company participation, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Annual Giving Campaign (AGC)
Our Annual Giving Campaign is a fundraising effort led by Easterseals Hawaii stakeholders and volunteers to solicit vital financial support from our community. Unrestricted gifts to the AGC provide a critical stream of funding for areas of greatest need, such as staff training, program support, and essential operating expenses. These gifts enhance our organization’s flexibility so that it can respond quickly to unforeseen needs and new opportunities, such as expanding services and supporting innovative programs.
To learn more, please contact our Development Department at [email protected].
As we continue to expand the scope of programs and services we offer, major gift donors make a significant impact on the organization and the lives of our participants.
Major Gifts to Easterseals Hawaii are any gifts above $25,000 given in one fiscal year or $125,000 or more given over time (usually 3-5 years). Gifts are usually special project focused i.e. starting up a new program or service, purchasing specific equipment for a program, renovation of an existing site, or a capital campaign.
Major Gift Guidelines
Gifts of $25,000 or more made by an individual given in one fiscal year or $125,000 given over time qualify as Major Gifts and can be donated in the following ways:
- Restricted gifts of $100,000 or more (not a cumulative total of annual giving). Multi-year commitments are recognized at the total pledge amount in the year the pledge is made and then at the gift amount level in each subsequent year of payment.
- Gifts of tangible personal property, real property will be valued for donor recognition and credit at their appraised fair market value on the effective date of transfer.
- Gifts of securities, stock, bonds (including mutual funds) will be recognized at their fair market value as calculated by a qualified independent appraiser. Gift credit is given only upon liquidation of the stock.
- Irrevocable life income gifts: Credit will be given for all irrevocable life income or term gifts (e.g., charitable remainder trusts or gift annuities) made directly to ESH, or documented irrevocable charitable remainder or term trusts managed by a third party. Donor recognition for charitable remainder trusts will be at full face value and gift credit for the present value of the remainder interest, generally equivalent to the amount recognized by the IRS for the charitable deduction.
- Charitable lead trusts: All income realized by ESH from charitable lead trusts with duration of 5 years or less will be credited at full face value and donor recognition will be at full face value. Lead trusts extending beyond a five-year period, income will be credited to the donor at the present value.
- Life insurance policies: Gifts of existing life insurance policies will receive recognition at the full face value and gift credit at the cash surrender value provided by ESH.
Any individual who provides an annual gift or gifts totaling $1,000 or more in a 12-month period is recognized in the Presidents Council. Some members make quarterly or monthly installments; others give a one-time gift each year.
The gift may include: cash, publicly traded securities, event participation of $1,000 or more (less fair market value), contributions made through private family foundations or corporate foundations, contributions made by individuals through their own privately held business, matching gifts, in-kind gifts from an individual or corporation that are budget relieving and in support of the core mission.
- Annual corporate donors and private foundation gifts shall be recognized as Corporate or Foundation members of the Corporate/Foundation Presidents Council.
- Your name will be included in our annual giving report (unless requested to remain anonymous).
- You will periodically receive updates highlighting our achievements and plans created by the children, adults and families that are impacted by your support.
- Periodically during the year, we will host special events exclusively for our Presidents Council members.
Easterseals Legacy Society
The Easterseals Legacy Society was established to recognize and thank friends who have designated a future gift to ESH in their estate plans. Through such gifts, members of the Easterseals Legacy Society help perpetuate the mission of ESH in the community.
Whether large or small, planned gifts demonstrate belief in the mission of ESH. All known donors of planned gifts are included as members of the Easterseals Legacy Society. This includes donors of the following types of gifts:
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Life insurance
- Charitable gift annuities
- Legacy of Ability: Gifts of $1,000 to $4,999
- Legacy of Opportunity: Gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Legacy of Empowerment: Gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Legacy of Independence: Gifts of $25,000 and more
Gifts of $100,000 and more will be recognized at the appropriate Chairman’s Roundtable, Leadership Circle and Edgar Allen Founders Society levels, listed within the Easterseals Legacy Society.
When you make a planned gift or decide to remember Easterseals Hawaii in your will, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may formally recognize you in the Easterseals Legacy Society.